Redwood Publishing Recruitment Exclusive Assignment
Redwood have been retained by Facet Publishing, the commercial publishing and bookselling arm of CILIP, the library and information association and the leading publisher for the library, museum, archive, records management and information science communities worldwide, to recruit a Publishing Assistant with a passion for publishing, to support a busy team of three (Publisher, Production Manager and Marketing & Sales Manager).
This is a fabulous opportunity to learn the publishing process and become completely immersed in a wide variety of publishing tasks.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Assist with preparation and mailing of the biannual Facet Publishing catalogue.
- Prepare sales reports and updates for agents, distributers and publishing partners.
- Prepare metadata and set up eBooks at the digital warehouse.
- Assist with implementation of new title management system (Consonance).
- Set up new titles on Bookpoint, Facet website and Consonance.
- Prepare author contracts, royalty digests and update details on Consonance.
- Assist with production duties as required on a day-to-day basis.
- Help with any proofreading and picture/market research as required.
- Prepare flyers and promotional materials for book launches and events.
- Attend conferences and events with Facet team as required.
The successful person will have:
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious graduate with the following attributes:
- Flexible approach with the ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Meticulous, efficient with a sharp eye for detail.
- Efficient time management with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Enthusiastic team player ideally with some publishing or bookselling knowledge.
- Understanding of the libraries and information sector would be an advantage.
This new post at Facet Publishing offers a fantastic opportunity for someone eager to develop their career in publishing and make the role their own.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a covering letter, outlining your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org only and not directly to Facet.