A highly respected professional medical body is looking for a switched on and highly motivated Publishing Coordinator to join the publishing team. The Publishing Coordinator will manage the editorial and peer review process for their journals portfolio, from acceptance to publication, and provide support to the publishing team, editorial and production services, including proofreading and copyediting duties. This role will be based in London but will work remotely until further notice.
This is a highly interesting and very varied position, where you will have the opportunity to develop both your skills and publishing experience, as you grow into the role.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing and administering the electronic manuscript system
- Managing the review and submission process
- Assisting editors with peer review operations
- Running and creating editorial reports, monitoring overall editorial performance
- Liaise with editors to process manuscripts and administer the peer review process
- Coordinate and prioritise tasks for freelancers
- Copyedit articles and manage the production process from acceptance to publication
- Assist in the maintenance of the journals platform, including updates to individual journal websites, central publishing information and policy pages
- Proofread selected articles, once the Production editor has completed the layout process
The successful person will be educated to degree level and will have some demonstrable experience within the publishing sector. You will possess high attention to detail and will ideally have some copyediting/proofreading experience. Your communication and organisation skills will be second to none, as will be your ability to manage multiple tasks at any one time. The ability to work to tight deadlines is essential to this role and an excellent working knowledge of MS Office is a must.
This is an ideal role for a publishing professional looking to progress their career and has an interest in medical publishing and working for the not-for-profit sector.
For further information please forward your CV with a short covering letter.