This is a unique opportunity to join the senior management team of a renowned society. You will be thriving in this role if you have extensive leadership experience in scholarly publishing, and solid knowledge of publishing operations including Open Access and library services. This role can be based in Bath or London.
- Lead the Society’s publishing operations, ensuring they meet key strategic objectives and business plans
- Deliver high-quality content for books and journals, developing plans and editorial policies
- Manage publishing team
- Manage and work with Head of Library and Information Services to ensure effective delivery of library services
- Keep abreast of market trends and identify new opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong network of key industry contacts across publishing and academia
- Implement production processes and monitor digital platforms output and potential developments
- Appoint global network of sales staff to achieve subscription
- Contribute to the effective leadership and management of the Society
Experience / skills required:
- Extensive management experience in scholarly publishing, ideally with library management
- Broad understanding of publishing operations including editorial, production, marketing, sales, etc.
- Experience working for a learned of professional society is desirable
- Familiarity with Open Access model and evolving trends of library community
- Proven track record of successful leadership and management
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to build network and inspire staff
- Commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion and to the Society’s mission and core values
- Willingness to travel internationally
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.