An exciting senior editorial role has opened up in the Journals team of a leading international academic publisher for a Publishing Editor. Working closely with external editors, society partners and editorial colleagues, you will play an important role in driving the success and long-term sustainability of the journals programme.
This role can be hybrid with weekly office attendance in London.
- Managing the financial performance for assigned journals, suggesting improvements and cross-departmental activities to maximise profitability
- Leading journal editorial board meetings for assigned journals
- Managing journal editors performance, setting codes for best practice around peer review, manuscript submission and revision processes
- Supporting senior colleagues with ad hoc department projects and initiatives
- Negotiating society and editor contract renewals
- Analysing journals performance and compiling reports and metrics to inform decisions on journal development strategy
The ideal candidate will possess an excellent understanding of the journal publication process, preferably gained from running a portfolio of academic journals in a previous role. You should also demonstrate familiarity with the wider scholarly communication landscape, good negotiation skills and strong project management.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.