Publishing Marketing Manager – STM
Our Client, an international not-for-profit STM organisation leading in scientific and clinical education and research, is looking for a Publishing marketing Manager. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the purpose of the role is to increase awareness of publishing services to attract new business and to increase submissions and usage of journals.
Publishing Marketing Manager: Key responsibilities
- Devise evidence-based launch marketing plans for new journals to build awareness, trust and submissions from target audiences
- Work with Head of Marketing and Communications and Head of Publishing to develop marketing strategies to support publishing client acquisition
- Develop and oversee the execution of library marketing campaigns to increase journal renewals and acquisitions
- Undertake appropriate market research to ensure that the organisation has a thorough understanding of its publishing customers, competitors and markets
- Set best practice for reporting on publishing marketing campaign performance, focusing on ROI
- Understand existing publishing clients’ objectives and develop marketing plans that align with these.
- Manage the presence of both the organisation and its journal portfolio at key conferences
- Report on marketing activity to internal stakeholders and editorial boards to demonstrate the value of our service
- Work with Head of Marketing & Communications to ensure that the organisations’ publishing data is GDPR compliant
- Agree and monitor publishing marketing budgets with Head of Publishing, and input to forecast
- Track marketing expenditure to ensure that outgoings do not exceed budget
- Develop strong working relationships with internal teams, particularly with Publishing and Institutional Sales
- Manage and motivate the Publishing Marketing Executives to ensure that they are fully effective in their roles and that plans are carried out to a high standard.
- Thorough understanding of marketing principles and how to apply them day-to-day
- Knowledge of the STM journal publishing industry
- Ability to horizon-scan and spot new business opportunities
- Excellent copywriting skills; ability to write accurately for a range of audiences
- A strong eye for design
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience working at Senior Marketing Executive level or above
- Line management experience (preferred but not essential)
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills — looks for new and creative ways to market products within budget
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary + bonus + benefits.
How to apply
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference TP 816. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send us contact details of anyone you would like to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org.