A lovely award-winning independent publisher of Trade and Academic titles is hiring for the newly created role of Publishing Systems Manager; this position will be directly managing a small team and work towards providing the publishing business with the best systems and tools.
This role can be based either in London or Oxford, and will follow a hybrid working model with 2 days a week in the office.
Reporting directly into the Head of Business Systems, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a small team in the Technology division
- Having overarching responsibilities for the smooth running of daily publishing operations and business systems, including Biblio3
- Leading the evolution and development of core database and marketing systems
- Working with the other teams within the business to promote and facilitate the best use of publishing systems
- Ensuring product data is accurately represented across data supply chains and downstream applications, including CRM, inventory, and financial
This role will suit someone who enjoys leading and motivating a team, and embracing new publishing technology and software. You will have a really good understanding of the publishing industry and supply chain, and able to explain complex systems and workflows to other departments. You will ideally have already worked with Biblio3, and be familiar with new advancements in publishing technology.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.