We have a super new role working for a highly successful publisher of academic and trade publications. This new position of Publishing Systems Manager will report directly to the Head of Business Systems within the Group Technology Division and will have responsibility for the day to day operation and evolution of the company’s core sales and production database (Biblio3 system) and adjoining marketing systems. This role can be based in London or Oxford and offers hybrid working, with 2 days a week in the office.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Working with teams across the business to promote and enable smooth operation of publishing systems
- Leading a team within the Business Systems department
- Broad responsibility for the day-to-day running of the organisation’s business systems
- Providing content creators, commissioners and marketers with the best possible tools and support
- Ensuring that product data is as comprehensively and accurately represented as possible in downstream applications (financial, inventory, CRM systems), and trade/institutional data supply chains
The successful person will have experience of leading and motivating a small team and will be someone who enjoys working with publishing technology. You will have a sound understanding of publishing and the data supply chain as well as a good grasp of publishing technology and software. You should also have the ability to explain systems workings to departments across the business and be keen to be involved with all aspects of the company’s operations. You will be technically competent with sound MS Windows skills and ideally a working knowledge of Biblio3. This role requires strong attention to detail, along with great organisation and communication skills.
This role carries an attractive salary and excellent company benefits. For further details please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.