Are you a talented book publicist ready to take your next big step?
Acclaimed independent publisher Pushkin Press is looking for an ambitious Publicity Manager to join our passionate, dynamic and talented Communications team. Pushkin Press is home to many award-winning writers including Dorthe Nors, Benjamín Labatut, David Diop and Jonathan Ames. This brand new role offers an opportunity to work across Pushkin’s imprints on key campaigns, with plenty of room for growth and the chance to shape the publicity strategy of a growing independent publisher.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering creative, effective publicity campaigns for our key titles
- Writing persuasive copy for press releases and email pitches
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with journalists and influential talking heads
- Pitching successfully to journalists, event & festival organisers
- Staying informed about key UK media, including digital platforms
- Working closely with the marketing, editorial and sales teams to amplify media coverage
- Working closely with Pushkin authors and translators, as author care is an essential part of the role
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will be a confident and organised team player, with strong communication skills. You will ideally have at least three years’ experience in book publicity, you’ll have excellent communication and copywriting skills as well as strong attention to detail. You will have awareness of the media landscape and be comfortable pitching and securing coverage in mainstream broadcast, print and digital media. You’ll also display a keen interest in current affairs and the changing media landscape, and be ready to create relationships with literary editors, journalists and festival organisers.
You'll have an energetic, self-motivated and flexible approach to work, with excellent organisational, time management and planning skills. You will have a true passion for literary and translated fiction and non-fiction and be an enthusiastic advocate for the Pushkin brand.
The role will be based at our central London office, with ongoing flexibility around working from home. Salary from £29k upwards, depending on experience.
If you are interested in this role, please apply with a CV and cover letter including details of some of your recent campaigns, stating your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Friday 4th February 2022.
Pushkin Press was founded in 1997 and now encompasses Pushkin Children’s Books, Pushkin Vertigo and ONE. We publish around 70 titles per year across our imprints. 2021 was Pushkin Press’s best year ever, so now is the perfect time to join this growing, proudly independent publisher!