Our client, a leading professional research organisation is looking for a student who is interested in some temporary work, on a short-term, home-based basis, starting in early December and extending over the Christmas period, continuing for approximately 3 weeks.
You would be working on checking content for a specialist food and health database, which has been collated, summarized and indexed for efficient searching. The database is used by researchers, industry practitioners and students around the world to keep up-to-date with new findings in their field.
This temporary opportunity would suit a current life science student with a good understanding of food science and strong editorial skills to assist primarily with production of the database content, contributing directly to quality assurance processes. This position would suit a student looking to gain work experience in a small, highly professional organization with exciting and ambitious growth plans.
You will need:
· Excellent writing and editing skills, and a keen eye for detail
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Comfortable working independently
· Enthusiasm and initiative
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Professional and thorough approach to work, with a strong focus on quality
· Would suit current 2nd year or higher undergraduate, or postgraduate student in a life science subject or equivalent
· A good understanding of food science would be an advantage
· Computer literate, particularly with Word and Excel
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.