Metadata Manager, UK
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and resourceful Metadata Manager.
Playing a key role in increasing the visibility and discoverability of our books, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of metadata within our systems.
Utilising your strong interpersonal skills and system knowledge to build relationships across the business, you will work champion the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of bibliographic data.
You will need to be delivery focused and highly organised, with minimum 3 years’ experience gained in Publishing or Media. This a great opportunity to establish yourself in a dynamic and diverse international business setting.
About Quarto: The Quarto Group is the leading global illustrated book publisher and distribution group. Quarto Children's creates more than 450 books a year. These books are sold by the Quarto Foreign Rights team into more than 45 countries and in more than 35 languages.
Main focus of the role:
- Manage UK and US metadata data supply chain for UK imprints
- Using the business’s internal title management system, ensure that titles are set up correctly, with complete and timely metadata
- Ensure that metadata feeds are working properly to all appropriate business partners worldwide, including Nielsen and other data aggregators, Amazon worldwide, and our physical and digital distributors
- Regularly checking and reporting on data completeness and timeliness, liaising with all parts of the business to improve our data stats
- Train any new users on basic bibliographic database functionality to enable them to perform their part of the data-gathering process
- Create and enforce metadata best practices, working with retailers to ensure metadata is complete and accurate, and driving metadata improvement projects across the business
- Troubleshooting external issues and ensuring that Amazon and other key retailer sites reflect our internal data and resolve any data issues with third parties promptly and effectively
- Working towards system improvement and helping the business to onboard new distributed publishers onto the internal title management
- Working with developers and new businesses to set up new feeds
What you will bring:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience of bibliographic databases and understanding of how data is used by businesses
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standards of Excel
- Confident communicating across different business areas, with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Experience of implementing improvements to processes and systems
- Data minded with excellent attention to detail
- 3-5 years in the publishing industry working with publishing data
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Good understanding of the meta/bibliographical data ideally within the publishing industry
- Excellent problem solver and communicator
- Good analytical skills
Nice to have
- Experience with database and/or bibliographic systems
- Capable of delivering training and managing testing of new systems features
This is full time permanent role based in our London office. We currently operate a hybrid working model.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.