Closing date: 21 August 2022 at 6pm
Salary: depending on experience
Are you an enthusiastic editor who wants to see their creative ideas on bookshelves around the world?
Design Eye and Ivy Kids are customer-facing, co-edition imprints that publish highly engaging and beautifully illustrated non-fiction books for children. Working with expert authors and contemporary illustrators, we create innovative novelty, gift and picture books that explore high-interest STEAM topics.
Who we are looking for:
Reporting to the publisher, the successful candidate will have at least 4 years of experience working in children’s books. We need someone who is highly organized, a quick thinker, has clever book ideas and is a collaborative team player.
The successful candidate will work across a wide variety of subjects and formats. A keen eye for emerging trends is important, as is an appetite for knowledge. You should be commercially savvy and passionate about maintaining a high standard of editorial quality and integrity, with solid critical-thinking skills. Experience editing books is essential. What we can offer you in return is the chance to develop your editorial career in an inclusive, supportive and creative environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and feedback.
- Work with the publisher and designers to develop stand-out novelty and book plus titles
- Conceive, commission and project manage approximately 20 front list titles
- Be the publishing lead for assigned customers and publishing strands
- Ensure print deadlines and budgets are met
- Ensure high standards and editorial accuracy
- Co-ordinate out-of-house editorial processes such as proofreading, and Americanizing
- Create excellent sales materials
- Manage reprint and co-edition updates, in collaboration with the design
- Solid grasp of the relevant market’s needs
- Manage backlist and reprint titles
The preceding information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of people assigned to this job. It is not an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Reporting to the publisher, the successful candidate will have experience working in children’s books
- We need someone who is highly organised, a quick thinker, has clever book ideas and is a collaborative team player
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
The role is a full-time permanent position, based in London. We have a hybrid working pattern which is currently three office-based days. We also offer a highly competitive benefits package.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to email@example.com.
In order to create an equitable environment for all candidates invited to meet with us, the main interview questions will be provided at least 3 days in advance of your meeting.