We have a new opportunity to join Quarto Publishing plc. You will be part of a global organisation, supporting our international supply chain to ship goods across the globe.
Quarto Publishing plc is a market-leading global publishing business with operations in the UK, US, and Hong Kong. We create more than 600 adult and children's books a year, which are sold in more than 45 countries and in more than 35 languages.
We’re looking for a candidate who shares our values of creativity and collaboration to join a thriving and exciting environment. This is an opportunity to join our Sales Operations team and to support growth and development of the business. The role is based at Quarto’s London office, which operates a hybrid model of blended working. Salary is dependent on experience. Please apply with covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: Sunday 12th December.
Key Results Areas
- Monitor QUK printings from issuance of purchase order.
- Provide and confirm detailed ship instruction to our various domestic and overseas printers.
- Ensure all necessary shipments are accounted for.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation and warehouse packing/ receiving requirements are met for each shipment.
- Track all shipments through final delivery.
- Organize shipping documents for all shipments.
- Update database and reporting as necessary.
- Prepare and distribute internal communications and reports regarding in-transit updates as necessary.
- Liaise with various internal departments and freight forwarders to ensure on-time deliveries, to include coordinating weekly FCL’s from HK to our warehouse in the UK.
- Administrative responsibilities include review and approval of freight invoicing, initiating disputes where necessary; submitting paperwork for customer invoicing and maintaining an electronic filing system for retained freight documentation.
- Research and negotiate routing costs as necessary.
- Manage shipping trackers by updating them with latest delivery dates
- Liaise with accounting on queries related to specific shipments
- Assist in managing and facilitating special projects through completion.
- Initiate process improvements and set best practices.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with overseas shipping practices and import/export logistics, with a clear understanding of various shipping terms and requirements.
- Strong international shipping experience.
- Understanding of shipping documents and Customs requirements.
- Freight Forwarding experience.
- Load planning experience.