Stock & Inventory Controller
Quarto Publishing plc is a global publishing business with operations in the UK, US, and Hong Kong. We are a leading global illustrated book publisher and creates more than 600 adult and children's books a year. These books are sold in more than 45 countries and in more than 35 languages.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Sales Operations team and to support growth and development of the business. The role is offered full-time and is primarily located at our London offices but will benefit from a blended office/remote working environment.
About the Role
You will take responsibility for supporting management of stock in two key distribution centres (UK and US). Combining analytical skills and commercial insight, you will liaise with teams across the business to ensure the effective delivery of demand planning and forecasting. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will use your resourcefulness and creative thinking to find effective solutions and support continuous improvement of key processes.
The main responsibilities include
- Monitoring inventory levels and replenishing stock
- Accurate forecasting of supply and demand requirements to ensure stock availability
- Analysing and modelling data to ensure optimal inventory integrity
- Working with Sales Operations team to maintain a consistent, efficient inventory and stock control process
- Collaborating with sales teams and publishers to drive collection of accurate sales forecasts.
- Working closely with our production department on costing and scheduling reprints, and tracking progress of already scheduled reprints.
- Management of overstocked lines and titles approaching “end of life”.
- Assisting with developing and implementing inventory control systems and practices
- Producing and analysing inventory reports
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Excellent presentation, communication, and inter-personal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to use initiative and be decisive working with tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Keen to evolve in a changing environment.
- Advanced level Excel skills (including V-lookups, Pivot Tables in order to analyse large amounts of data)
- Previous experience of Inventory and stock management
- IT proficient, with good knowledge of MS Office
This job advert is intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to Daiva.Motiejuniene@quarto.com
Please note that it is necessary that you have the right to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th October.
The Quarto Group is an equal opportunities employer. Quarto Publishing plc. is committed to a policy of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring an inclusive and diverse environment. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.