Digital Marketing & Social Media Executive
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
We are looking for an engaged, proactive and creative Digital Marketer to join the Fiction and Non-Fiction team at Rebellion Publishing. Rebellion is home to Solaris, an award-winning publisher of science fiction, fantasy and horror with authors including Yoon Ha Lee, Edward Ashton, Premee Mohamed and Katherine Addison.
As our new Digital Marketing & Social Media Executive, you will be responsible for creating and implementing innovative and audience-focused digital campaigns that deliver sales across our fiction and selected non-fiction titles. You will be responsible for accurately maintaining an annual budget and will ensure that each campaign is in line with the titles creative direction. You will also be responsible for managing the Rebellion Publishing social media accounts, including creating strategies for growth and engagement so using and enjoying social media is a must.
We are looking for a talented and highly creative individual with first-class communication and organisational skills. Digital marketing experience and a strong design sense are vital in this role, as is commercial awareness, specifically of the SFF book publishing market. This is a varied role and would suit an ambitious, proactive and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for SFF books and marketing.
- Create and implement digital marketing campaigns to drive sales and maximise profit
- Manage social media content and strategy across Rebellion Publishing accounts.
- Utilise the most appropriate elements of the marketing mix for the job, according to strategy, to deliver effective, sales-driven, and creative campaigns
- Effectively communicate marketing campaigns to all key stakeholders both internal and external
- Managing briefing and creative direction of marketing assets
- Budget management
- Support the PR & Marketing Manager in general administrative duties such as proof mailings
- Manage and attend events and conferences relevant to titles
- Work closely with publicity colleagues to ensure marketing and publicity campaigns are fully integrated and get the best ROI
- Liaise and manage relationships with authors, agents and licensors.
- Analyse your campaigns and report key insights back to your manager and the business at large
- Stay informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments, and opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in digital marketing across multiple platforms
- Good experience of managing social media accounts and strategies
- Experience of book marketing
- The ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good copywriting, proof-reading, design, and project-management skills
- Excellent time-management
- InDesign/photoshop skills would be an advantage