Financial Controller - Book Publishing
Are you a fully engaged Financial Controller looking to support an expanding business?
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Financial Controller and join our passionate and talented Finance team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
The Financial Controller Role is an additional role where you will join our growing Finance Team supporting our well established and expanding international book Publishing division as we grow. You will support our editors with decision making by supplying title P&Ls and perform special sales analysis.
As a Financial Controller you will have a strong understanding of import and export for stock movement and royalty reporting for a variety if our product, as well solid business acumen and understanding of financial issues.
The Finance Team at Rebellion handle all things accountancy related across the entirety of the group. They work with a variety of stakeholders in many different industries. The team deal with all aspects of Rebellion, from gaming and book publishing to entertainment services and property management.
- Preparation of month end accounts and VAT returns
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
- Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Managing, mentoring and motivating the accounts team
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Contributing to company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Undertaking financial analysis and reporting
- Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place
- Overseeing tax and compliance
- Developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Supplying commentary of monthly accounts to management
- Supporting editors with title P&Ls to inform decision making
- Special Sales analysis
- Stock management reporting
- Royalty reporting
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- You will be ACCA qualified or equivalent recognised qualification
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Royalty reporting experience, or equivalent, is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of import & export
- Sales invoicing & Contract management experience including regular sales, licensing, translation
- Kickstarter experience preferable