We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
Rebellion Publishing is the home of the iconic comic 2000 AD and its most famous character, Judge Dredd. A rare opportunity has come up for a marketing manager to join the team. The role will be responsible to growing the sales and exposure on multiple 2000 AD graphic novels, growing subscribers for the comic itself, and managing the marketing for the Treasury of British Comics titles – our on-site archive of 130 years of British comic book history – alongside exciting new ventures.
You will work closely with Rebellion and 2000 AD's existing PR and Marketing team, as well as the 2000 AD Brand Manager to create exciting and engaging marketing campaigns with a view to growing overall sales and subscriber numbers with a focus on digital-led campaigns. This is a busy and varied new role and would suit an ambitious, organised, and proactive individual with solid marketing experience and a passion for comics.
This role is full-time, based at our Oxford headquarters though hybrid working will be considered. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Work with the Publishing Manager to plan and execute marketing and PR campaigns for 2000 AD and key brands such as Dredd, Rogue Trooper, and Halo Jones.
- Plan, initiate, and oversee all marketing and PR activities for these brands and titles including backlist and future titles.
- Drive subscription-based marketing plans for 2000 AD and the Megazine.
- Control and manage an annual marketing budget
- Create and send out press releases for key campaigns
- Work with internal editors to ensure all marketing and sales data is correct and up-to-date for external sales teams
- Liaise with editors and Brand Manager to ensure brand and narrative consistency across all titles
- Ensure that the key brand websites are kept up to date with new and updated products, and co-ordinate with the customer support team on enquiries, and other issues
- Manage and create advertising content for social media channels
- Maintain our PR contacts database and organise all publicity mailings
- Provide feedback and marketing insight on cover designs, book descriptions and all marketing material
- Work with the 2000 AD Brand Manager to manage webshop sales, exclusives and opportunities, including merchandise ranges.
- Represent Rebellion at conventions both in the UK and abroad, where appropriate
- Organise events, including book launches, convention appearances etc.
- Alongside the 2000 AD Brand Manager, pitch Rebellion titles and authors to media outlets for reviews, features and coverage.
- Extensive experience in marketing or similar
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage a busy publishing schedule
- Knowledge of the graphic novel and comic market
- High level digital marketing knowledge
- Excellent standard of written English, copywriting ability a must
- Confident, outgoing and able to engage with readers, creators and the children’s comics community at large
- Competently able to clearly communicate ideas and thoughts about your work to colleagues both verbally and in writing
- Able to work on complex problems and provide solutions
- Able to manage workload with minimal levels of supervision