PR & Marketing Manager – All ages – Comics
Two simple questions:
Are you an experienced PR and Marketing Manager with experience of the children's and YA sectors?
Do you want to work on a range of comics, graphic novels and selected fiction campaigns for the UK and US markets?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new PR & Marketing Manager and join our passionate and talented Publishing team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
PR & Marketing Manager role:
The PR & Marketing Manager role is dedicated to growing the sales and exposure on multiple properties including Roy of the Rovers illustrated fiction and graphic novels, classic and new all-ages comics from 2000 AD and the Treasury of British Comics imprints alongside exciting new ventures.
With a list of classic kids comics, and newly commissioned all-ages work to promote; you will work closely with Rebellion and 2000 AD's existing PR and Marketing team, but will be responsible for growth for the children's and YA sectors. This is an exciting and varied new role and would suit an ambitious, organised, and proactive individual with solid marketing experience and a passion for children’s publishing.
This is an exciting and varied new role and would suit an ambitious, organised, and proactive individual with solid marketing experience and a passion for children’s publishing.
The Rebellion Publishing team are an award-winning publisher of Comics, Graphic Novels, Fiction and Non-Fiction including 2000 AD and Judge Dredd. We are also home to Solaris, an award-winning publisher of science fiction, fantasy and horror with authors including Yoon Ha Lee, Derek Künsken, Premee Mohamed, and Aliya Whiteley.
- Work with the Publishing Manager to plan and execute marketing and PR campaigns for Roy of the Rovers, 2000 AD all-ages, and other key brands.
- Plan, initiate, and oversee all marketing and PR activities for these brands and titles including backlist and future titles.
- Drive subscription-based marketing plans for new ventures
- Control and manage an annual marketing budget
- Create and send out press releases for key campaigns
- Work with internal editors to ensure all marketing and sales data is correct and up-to-date for external sales teams
- Liaise with editors to ensure brand and narrative consistency across all titles
- Act as primary contact for Roy of the Rovers’ authors, as well as plan and manage general and key campaign activities
- Work with Licensing Manager on existing and potential external licenses, as well as seeking out other potential partnership opportunities
- Ensure that the key brand websites are kept up to date with new and updated products, and co-ordinate with the customer support team on enquiries, shop sales, and other issues
- Manage and create content for social media channels alongside the PR & Marketing Assistant.
- Maintain our PR contacts database and organise all publicity mailings
- Provide feedback and marketing insight on cover designs, book descriptions and all marketing material
- Represent Rebellion at conventions both in the UK and abroad, where appropriate
- Organise events, including book launches, convention appearances etc.
- Pitch Rebellion titles and authors to media outlets for reviews, features and coverage.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- At least 3 years’ experience in children’s marketing or similar
- Able to manage workload with minimal levels of supervision
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage a busy publishing schedule
- Knowledge of the magazine or children’s comic market is desirable but not essential
- High level digital marketing knowledge
- Excellent standard of written English, copywriting ability a must
- Confident, outgoing and able to engage with readers, creators and the children’s comics community at large
- Competently able to clearly communicate ideas and thoughts about your work to colleagues both verbally and in writing
- Able to work on complex problems and provide solutions