PR & Marketing Manager – Fiction & Non Fiction
Two simple questions:
- Are you an engaged, proactive and creative PR and Marketing Manager?
- Do you have experience managing multiple campaigns for a range of audiences across a variety of marketing channels?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new PR & Marketing Manager and join our passionate and talented Publishing team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
PR & Marketing Manager role:
The PR & Marketing Manager is a new role dedicated to creating and implementing PR and marketing campaigns that deliver coverage and sales for Rebellion.
We are looking for an engaged, proactive and creative PR and Marketing Manager to join the Fiction and Non-Fiction team at Rebellion Publishing. Rebellion is home to Solaris, an award-winning publisher of science fiction, fantasy and horror with authors including Yoon Ha Lee, Derek Künsken, Premee Mohamed and Thilde Kold Holdt.
You will You will manage an assistant, be responsible for accurately maintaining and allocating an annual budget and will ensure that each campaign is in line with the titles creative direction and Work alongside the PR & Marketing Assistant to create impactful social campaigns and expand our reach across all channels
As part of the Publishing team, you will play a key role in securing publicity and review coverage for a range of our titles. You will get the opportunity to work closely with editorial, sales, and design you’ll have fantastic exposure working across the full marketing mix from traditional advertising through to digital, from trade to consumer marketing.
This role would suit would suit an ambitious, proactive and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for SFF books.
- Work closely alongside our publishing team to create and implement PR and marketing campaigns that deliver coverage and sales for Rebellion
- Pitch Rebellion titles and authors to media outlets for reviews, features and coverage.
- Line manage the Fiction PR & Marketing assistant with the best practice people management techniques
- Manage the fiction marketing budget and keep detailed financial records
- Extensive marketing copywriting, including AIs, press releases, advertisements, blogs, ect
- Ownership of book trade cycles, including engaging with trade marketing, and liaising with sales teams in both the UK and the US
- Oversee Rebellion’s digital promotions via Netgalley, Bookbub, AMS and more
- Work alongside the PR & Marketing Assistant to create impactful social campaigns and expand our reach across all channels
- Maintain and update the Rebellion Publishing website, including book listings, exclusive sales, author, blogs and more
- Maintain our PR contacts database and organise all publicity mailings
- Provide feedback and marketing insight on cover designs, book descriptions and all marketing material
- Represent Rebellion at conventions both in the UK and abroad, where appropriate
- Organise events, including book launches, convention appearances etc.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing
- Able to manage workload with minimal levels of supervision
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage a busy publishing schedule
- Excellent standard of written English, copywriting ability a must
- High level digital marketing knowledge
- Experience in line management desirable but not essential as training will be given
- Confident, outgoing and able to engage with readers, authors and the sci-fi and fantasy community at large
- Competently able to clearly communicate ideas and thoughts about your work to colleagues both verbally and in writing
- Able to work on complex problems and provide solutions