We have an amazing opportunity for a Reporter with a hunger for breaking news to join a leading b2b publisher of data and intelligence based in the City of London. Working in a highly transformative industry, we are looking for someone who is passionate about finding and telling stories about that transformation before anyone else, digging deep into the details and delivering live content to an audience with exceptional creative flare and accuracy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing and breaking exclusive news stories
- Pitching, conducting and writing profile interviews with key industry movers and shakers
- Delivering in-depth news analysis and insights on specific sector trends
- Building a contact base within your specialist area of expertise
- Writing fast, concise and accurate copy to strict deadlines and house style
- Keeping up to date with the industry by attending and networking at a range of national and international industry events
The successful candidate will have proven experience of news writing for a daily newspaper or online offering with an interest in business journalism. A recognised journalism qualification or equivalent will be an advantage as well as an interest in creating multimedia content, across audio and video. We are looking for someone with real drive and ambition, as well a passion for discovering new stories and fresh angles within this fast paced environment!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.