We are working on a highly interesting new role, for a leading professional membership organisation. This role sits within the journals development team headed up by the Publisher, and the team works on 35 open access journals. Research Integrity plays an important role in ensuring that high-quality publication standards are being upheld, and we are looking for an individual with a genuine interest in publishing ethics. This role can be worked mainly on a remote basis, with attendance at their Hertfordshire office (20 minutes from London by train), or the London office for meetings, as required.
Some of the key responsibilities will involve:
- Handling investigation and resolution of publication ethics cases across the journals portfolio
- Liaising with editors, authors, reviewers and partner institutions to address publication ethics concerns and solutions
- Updating the existing, and developing new research integrity policies as required
- Developing and maintaining best practice documents for handling research ethics investigations
- Assisting with developing webinars and other training resources on research integrity for internal and external use
The ideal candidate will have experience of handling publication ethics cases and a solid grasp of journal publishing and peer review practices. Experience of handling the investigation and resolution of ethical misconduct cases within STEM publishing is important as is experience of developing training resources on research integrity. You will have strong communication skills, a pro-active approach to problem solving and have a methodical approach and great attention to detail, as well as a genuine interest in publishing ethics.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a highly interesting role with a difference, working in a friendly, successful editorial team, please get in touch with us.
For further information, please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your interest.