We have a new, highly involved and exciting opportunity of a Rights and Acquisitions Manager with a leading and dynamic audiobook publisher. Our client is looking for a keen-eyed individual to manage the acquisition deals as well as to maintain and develop partnerships. You would be joining their friendly Rights team and the role can be fully remote, with the occasional need to travel to their Berkshire office.
- Managing relationships with key agents, content providers and publishers across the globe
- Continuing to build and nurture relationships with exclusive publishing partners
- Using your expertise and knowledge to hunt down the best and most relevant titles for both the trade and library marketplaces
- Impressively presenting and pitching their business, their brand and their core values
- Assessing manuscripts for the best titles
- Negotiating commercial terms at a high level
- Closing international deals on titles from the world's best authors
- Maintaining, managing, and continuing to grow the whole publishing list
Our client is looking for a commercially attuned candidate with a driven approach to acquisitions, who has the passion and strong negotiation skills to buy and sell rights across Audio / Digital. You will be skilled at building relationships that deliver results and have market awareness across the publishing industry.
Please get in touch if you have a track record of commissioning outstanding content, with an eye for best-selling authors and you love to be a part of a fast-moving and successful team.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.