A global educational publisher is looking to recruit an experienced IP professional as their next Rights & Permissions Manager in their UK Schools team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious, world renowned organisation, offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits. This role can be conducted remotely based anywhere in the UK, or based out of the company's London or Oxford offices.
As Rights and Permissions Manager your main remit is to be responsible for ensuring all third-party content use, across all functions and activities meet business standards, policies, strategies, and objectives as well as show continuous performance improvement. The Manager uses a rights management system and proactive engagement with business stakeholders, content development teams, and service vendors to drive best rights and sourcing practices, contain risk, and enable business goals. Responsibilities include:
- Primary contact on uses of third-party content
- Takes measures to ensure all business stakeholders are aware of and meet copyright/permission requirements regarding third-party use
- Expert in systems scope/functionality, rights strategies and goals, and familiar with project objectives as well as the roles and processes that impact rights
- Communicates, monitors and drives R&P expectations, standards, KPIs and SLAs
- Ensures all rights management milestones are fulfilled for projects over the entire content development/production workflow
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgets, and ensures projects are resourced appropriately
- Proficient with IPM, Blueprint, Tableau and other technology R&P uses, the manager ensures processes and projects make best use of these tools
- Tracks data and performs analytics
The ideal Rights and Permissions Manager will be a collaborative leader with strong people management skills and good solid knowledge of IP/copyright law from working in the media/publishing industry or other relevant related sectors, and be proficient with technology and IP rights management systems. A qualification in media/copyright law would be an asset as well as knowledge of data analytics. The Rights and Permissions Manager will have great attention to detail and be highly organized with excellent communication and presentation skills, along with proven negotiation and people management skills.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join a global publishing player at the forefront of the education and learning landscape, get in touch ASAP.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.