REPORTING TO: Director
DEPARTMENT: Sales, Marketing & Rights
LOCATION: Remote (UK) with flexible working hours
Rowman & Littlefield is a US trade and academic house publishing globally across a wide range of subjects and disciplines. The Sales, Marketing & Rights Assistant will provide support to the UK-based International Sales, Marketing and Rights department, liaising regularly with US and European colleagues and customers to ensure timely and active information supply to customers and agents around the world. This position is an excellent opportunity to understand and experience the market-facing side of book publishing.
- Key contact for UK and US distributors.
- Handling of customer queries regarding price and availability via email and telephone.
- Production and distribution of sales materials, both scheduled and ad-hoc.
- Handling of author orders and event orders.
- Assisting with stock ordering between distributors.
- Monthly production and circulation of sales figures to agents.
Attendance of book events to promote and sell books where relevant.
- Assisting in textbook marketing campaigns.
- Creation of internal and external marketing content
- Tracking US publicity hits relevant for ROW.
- Checking author contracts and responding to rights availability requests
- Assisting with various permissions and reversion requests
- Monitoring overdue rights deal payments and sending reminders
- A strong level of IT competence and good working knowledge of the Office suite.
- Excellent professional communication skills in English.
- Good attention to detail.
- A friendly and approachable manner in both virtual settings and in-person scenarios.
- Team player skills and a helpful mindset.
- Publishing experience isn’t necessary, but the successful candidate is able to demonstrate a general awareness of and interest in the book market and trade.
- CV and covering letter to Ben Glover email@example.com
- Closing Deadline: 31st March.
- Early applicants will be given priority.