Account Manager (remote working arrangements a possibility)
Ruth Killick Publicity is one of the UK’s leading book publicity agencies, with a client list ranging from leading publishing houses to fast-growing indies. We are recruiting an Account Manager to join the team.
You’ll have at least 3 years’ experience in the book industry and have handled some of your own campaigns. You’ll be creative, tenacious, brilliant at coming up with story ideas, have a ferocious attention to detail as well as the ability to think outside the box. You’ll have great contacts in the media and proven success in organising events and book launches.
This is a key role in a growing company.
- Creating imaginative, tailored, effective, wide-reaching and well-executed publicity campaigns for our clients in the book industry and beyond
- Assisting the Director on campaigns for high-profile authors.
- Organising events, both in person and virtually, plus launches and book tours and attending these where appropriate
- Building and maintaining lasting relationships with contacts in the media – print, broadcast and online.
- Providing general administration support where required
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Creating imaginative and strategic publicity campaigns for both established and debut authors
- Proven success in organising festivals, events, conferences, launches and book tours
- Excellent contacts in all aspects of the media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail and creative flair
- Tenacity and determination and a cool head under pressure
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage your own time, and constantly prioritise in a busy, rapidly changing environment
- A keen interest in books
Please apply with a CV in confidence to Ruth Killick (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please make the subject of your email ‘Account Manager’.
Closing Date Friday 4th December 2020