Field Marketing Manager – Maternity Cover, Part Time
(12 months FTC, 3 days per week)
About our company:
- SAGE is an independent, leading academic and professional publisher. We are a growing company, with over 1,500 employees based in London, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Singapore, New Delhi and Melbourne.
- We believe that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and we're dedicated to producing high quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
- We're passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a diverse mix of community-based programs each year and we make sure everyone has the chance to get involved.
About our team:
The Library Marketing team is a dynamic, creative, collaborative and friendly group of people! We work closely alongside Library Sales and support each other to succeed, celebrating in each other’s successes. We have a team of Field Partners dedicated to specific sales territories, with team members based both in the UK and Colombia.
Our role is to assist in building awareness of our electronic products to libraries across territories and support our Sales partners to deliver digital solutions to libraries – more important now than ever.
Could you be our new Field Marketing Manager?
We are looking for a hardworking Marketer, with demonstrated ability, preferably within the academic publishing or Higher Education sector. You will work directly alongside Sales to quickly gauge priorities and build a plan that will help achieve targets. As Field Marketing Manager (also known as Field Partner) you will use data to assess potential opportunities and make recommendations to improve the chance of a sale. Are you creative, forward thinking and results-oriented? This role might be for you!
The successful candidate will be supporting Sales Managers primarily in Central & Eastern Europe, so a willingness to embrace a variety of cultures is important. German language skills would be an asset but not vital.
Your new role:
- Collaborate closely with Sales Managers on a Marketing strategy that will generate and nurture sales leads and opportunities
- Work with Marketing and Sales colleagues to analyse data reports, build lists of target accounts and develop a lead generation strategy for these accounts to optimise sales
- Contact librarian and faculty customers, to offer support to existing customers, onboard new customers and drive leads for new opportunities
- Familiarise yourself with our Product Marketing strategy and translate this into an effective Field Marketing plan to help drive revenue
- Deliver regular updates on your activities to share progress
- General support for the wider Field Marketing team to ensure team objectives are met
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and Inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Please could applicants apply via the SAGE UK Careers portal:
Closing date for applications: 27th August 2020