An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Higher Education division of a world-leading publishing company as a Field Sales executive for the South of the UK (specifically London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Hertfordshire and Essex) to drive forward sales of digital collections across academic and library clients.
As part of the Higher Education sales team for the UK, the Field Sales Executive will be responsible for promoting key digital products to academic institutions and public libraries throughout the territory, with a view to achieve the agreed sales targets and uncover new business opportunities.
Reporting into the UK Sales Manager, this role will be responsible for:
- Maximising sales across the territory by creating and implementing strategies, identifying customer's needs, and delivering product presentations
- Attending client meetings and provide excellent customer care throughout the sales cycle
- Identifying new opportunities for business growth through research, events and client communications
- Attending industry events and act as a brand ambassador for the company at conferences, trade shows and exhibitions
- Collating sales reports and updating sales information on client database
- Liaising with the Sales team and provide accurate feedback on the market to other departments (Marketing, Product Development, Customer Care, Sale Support)
The ideal candidate will be a proven Sales professional, with a good knowledge of the library market, and who is able to work towards a sales strategy and achieve targets while maintaining a consultative approach with clients. They will have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, as this role will see them managing a wide portfolio of academic clients and building long-lasting professional relationships with faculty and librarians.
This is a home-based sales role, requiring travelling to the allocated territories.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.