Sales Manager | Academic | Oxfordshire. An exciting opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding team has become available for an experienced academic Sales Manager. This award winning company specialises in working with researchers, and their institutions and funders, to maximise the visibility and impact of their published articles through their innovative web-based services.
This role will suit a confident, ambitious, motivated professional. You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with clients and developing partnerships to ensure they achieve results. You will work closely with the Head of Academic Outreach and other internal colleagues to ensure services are delivered on time and successfully to clients.
Able to demonstrate your experience of developing new business, ideally for a research oriented service, you will have a genuine interest in scholarly communication and will be enthusiastic about connecting with the research community.
- Building a robust network of relationships with budget holders in the research community:
- Promoting and securing sales via this relationship-based, solution-sales approach
- Connecting with prospective customers via telephone, web conferences,
- event-based meetings and in-person visits
- Demonstrating products and services to potential customers
- Developing clear and effective written proposals / quotations for prospective customers
- Providing regular pipeline reporting to colleagues
- Keeping abreast of product applications, technical services and market trends
- Participating in industry shows and conventions
You will have proven account management experience and experience in delivering client focused solutions based on customer needs and objectives. You will be a fantastic presenter, communicator and influencer at all levels of the organisation. With excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will be well organised, meticulous, and results driven, with a proven ability to work independently, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.