Are you a driven Educational Publishing Sales professional looking for your next step? Do you have a passion for Children's Education and would love to work with big brands? An exciting new opportunity has arisen of Sales Manager within the Children's Education division of a well established book publisher in London. This role offers an excellent salary and benefits package, as well as hybrid working, with 2 days per week to be spent in the company's London office.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Sales Director, the main remit of the Sales Manager will be to manage and oversee the selling in of the Children's Education books list across the UK, where the titles are distributed and sold to the education, school, library, wholesaler and high street sectors. You will look to achieve and exceed the annual Education sales budget by managing ales of Education titles into selected key accounts. Responsibilities of the Sales Manager include (amongst others):
- Responsible for planning the sales budgets and forecasts, with guidance from the Director
- Oversee/manage the relationships of UK key accounts
- Participate in the publishing process, inputting into aspects such as publishing proposals etc.
- Provide general support to the Sales Director as required, including market research, data analysis, researching acquisition figures and inputting data into Biblio
- Liaise with stock management and warehouse teams to ensure correct processing of orders
- Present new frontlist and backlist titles to customers
- Keep customers informed
- Analyse sales data/effectiveness of Sales & Marketing campaigns
- Conduct annual reviews of key accounts' business and make recommendations to drive sales
- Attend events, conferences and launch parties
- Monitor market trends in children's and education
The ideal Sales Manager will have some experience in a commercial role in the educational publishing, or a relevant publishing or related sector, with demonstrated sales success. You will have excellent presentation, communication and prioritisation skills, as well as a good eye for detail and the ability to build long lasting relationships. As someone who will have ideally facilitated sales to customers in the Education sector, you will have a good understanding of the latest trends and developments across the education landscape.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.