The publisher of a well-respected bi-monthly journal is looking to recruit an experienced Sales & Marketing Manager to complete their sales team. Based in South London, the company also publishes an annual book and various technical maps and posters, as well as organising (in non-COVID times), large international conferences with exhibitions in Europe (annually) and smaller regional events in Africa and Asia (in alternate years). The company is offering a flexible working arrangement once they return to the office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Consultative sales of display and classified advertisements in the journal
- Sale of sponsor boxes on the technical maps and posters
- Sale of banner advertisements on the company website
- Sale of stands and co-management of the exhibitions alongside the international conferences (in Europe, Asia and Africa)
- Input to business development planning, and marketing of the company’s activities
This is a role where you will build on existing business in a consultative sales style and previous sales experience in publishing is preferred, as well as the willingness to be involved in a number of projects within this small but dynamic team of 10 people.
A working knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage, (but is not essential), as well as a good telephone manner, an aptitude to build up professional relationships with international clients, a conscientious approach to admin and record keeping, and the personality to fit in well with a small team.
Some overseas travel may be required (when allowed), to company events, other exhibitions, and to visit clients.
The role carries an attractive salary plus a highly attractive bonus scheme and bonuses for on-site work at overseas events and company benefits.