Publicity and Marketing Executive
Salary range - £25,000-£28,000 pro rata, depending on experience
Position: Part time/Full time
Saqi Books is a leading independent publishing house, home to critically acclaimed authors from the Middle East and around the globe, including Nobel Laureate Naguib Mahfouz, feminist icon Nawal El Saadawi, Reza Aslan and China Miéville.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated publicist and marketeer to join our small, dynamic company, which has built a reputation for innovation and breaking boundaries within the arts.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in publishing and will be looking for their next step up in the industry. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and a pro-active can-do attitude, with the confidence to work in a fast-paced environment.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Preparing and implementing effective publicity campaigns for our titles
- Organising and supporting author events, including festival appearances
- Managing social media channels
- Building connections with book bloggers and reviewers
- Managing prize submissions
- Delivering marketing campaigns to increase book sales, from marketing emails to special promotions
- Maintaining our website
- Writing copy for press releases, advertising and print materials
- Preparing briefs for the creation of physical and digital marketing materials
The successful candidate will have:
- Two or more years’ experience in publicity and/or marketing
- Excellent communication oral and written skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Good time management, an ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Competent IT skills (experience with basic Microsoft Office and content management systems)
- Experience using social media
The role is a permanent position. It is based at our London office, housed at our award-winning independent bookshop Al Saqi Books on 26 Westbourne Grove, London W2 5RH, on a hybrid working model.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter (Word or PDF format only) to Lynn Gaspard, Publisher and Managing Director, email@example.com. The covering letter should include a note on the campaign you have been most proud to work on and the book you most enjoyed reading in the past year.
The closing date for this role is Friday 3 June 2022. First interviews will take place the week commencing 6 June.
We are unfortunately unable to reply to unsuccessful candidates.
Saqi offers the following competitive benefits package:
- Hybrid working pattern
- Holidays: 24 days plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- 9am – 5.30pm workday
Saqi Books is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1983, with authors who have won or been listed for the Booker Prize, the TS Eliot Prize, Women’s Prize and Saltire Society, among others. Saqi has a bookshop in London and a sister company publishing in Arabic in Beirut, Lebanon. Read Our Story for how it all began.