Scholastic is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books. We’re home to amazing authors, illustrators and brands including Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, Liz Pichon, The Hunger Games and Phillip Pullman as well as a host of TikTok-targeted YA titles.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our PR team in a maternity cover role that will involve creating and delivering impactful publicity campaigns for a wide range of titles from picture books to middle grade, YA and licensing.
This is a key role in our busy and creative PR team and reports to the Brand and PR Director.
Your role will involve:
- Devising and delivering creative publicity campaigns for your authors, illustrators and titles including securing media, events and collaborating with marketing colleagues to create rounded campaigns to deliver excellent reach and results.
- Exceptional author and illustrator care, diplomacy and excellent communication both internally and externally.
- Using and building relevant media and industry contacts and relationships to create opportunities for Scholastic, our authors, illustrators and books.
- Setting up and attending events, festivals and conferences to promote your titles and across the list where needed.
- Awareness of wide breadth of media outlets, social media opportunities and competitor activity to help inform campaign planning.
- Ad hoc support for key PR projects as needed.
- Working collaboratively with other teams to create holistic campaigns across all channels.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering PR campaigns that balance creativity with commercial success.
- Strong understanding of both audiences and the media landscape and an eye for teasing out and pitching newsworthy angles.
- Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills and meticulous attention to detail as you will handle all aspects of your campaigns.
- Aptitude and enjoyment in working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The energy and focus to excel in all areas of the job.
- Passion for children’s and YA books.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 44.22
We are an inclusive organisation and recognise the need for change and a more equal society. We welcome applications from any background and characteristic.