We have a highly interesting role working for a not-for-profit publishing organisation dedicated to supporting the biological community. This exciting new role will work on a wide range of scientific content including journals and digital products, as well as developing the organisation’s visibility on a global scale. This role will work with both marketing and editorial departments to produce short-form content for journal websites and social media channels. The company is offering a hybrid working arrangement of 50% of the week in their Cambridge office and 50% working from home.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Developing visibility in China specifically e.g., content strategies on WeChat
- Identify opportunities for the company and their journals in the online environment
- Responsibility for short-form content (snippets) to appear on journal article pages
- Represent the company (journals, meetings and grants) to the wider community
- Coordinate the company’s social media presence in China
- Measure and report on content approaches, including reader movement
- Provide writing support for promotional pieces and press releases
This is a highly varied role and the successful person will have a background in life science with experience of using web content systems to create and publish web content. You will have the ability to write accurate and engaging summaries for the non-specialist to attract and grow the company’s social media as well as the ability to use relevant software including Google Analytics.
For further information please send your CV and a short cover note.