Do you have an aptitude for scientific editing and the attention to detail required to identify inconsistencies? A leading biomedical publisher is looking for an Editor to join their journals editorial team. The Editor will be responsible for copyediting scientific and technical manuscripts, with involvement in the peer review process and evaluating the content of manuscripts. This role is currently a remote working role.
This is a key role in the editorial team and would suit someone who is looking to pursue a career within biomedical publishing.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Copyediting of manuscripts for language and readability in line with house style and policies
- Checking factual content and raising queries with the Managing Editor when necessary
- Assessing authors responses to edits and editorial comments
- Involvement in the peer review process, including identification of problems with plagiarism, animal ethics, patient consent and figure manipulation
- Collaborate with the scientific community and internal teams
The successful person will have:
- Educated to PhD level in the biological sciences (Essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage high quality work whilst working to tight deadlines
- The ability to maintain a level of scientific knowledge appropriate to the role
- Strong IT skills
- Editorial or publishing experience is desirable, but not essential as training in copy-editing will be provided to suitable candidates
This is an ideal role for someone with the required qualification looking to make a career within scientific publishing.
For further information please send your CV and a short cover note with your salary expectations,