We are very excited to be working with an award-winning internationally-recognized science publisher and peer-to-peer review platform, who inform scientists about the best products and technology through the power of peer-to-peer recommendation. Our client has transformed global scientific communication and digital marketing for the last twenty-five years and has won awards for Enterprise. This is a hybrid role working from the company’s office near to Bath one day a week and the rest of the week working from home.
Due to expansion, our client is looking for two Scientific Content Creators to join their editorial team to lead and support the editorial calendar through the production and management of engaging and targeted digital content and communication. Working with the Editor, this role will help to create new opportunities to increase the company’s audience, membership, traffic, and reviews and grow the brand among scientists and sponsors.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing, and promoting editorial content for the organisation’s communities in line with audience needs. This would be achieved through video, phone and email interviews with key scientific opinion leaders.
- Developing a range of channels to deliver this content (website, email, social media etc.), including developing new partnerships and a network of key contacts
- Planning and delivering editorial/communications plans to achieve editorial KPIs around membership, reviews, traffic and enquiries/buyer engagement
- Monitor and analyse content, editorial alerts and other editorial emails
- Research, report and present on membership trends and needs
- Manage specific editorial projects where required
This is a highly exciting and busy role and the successful candidate will be educated to PhD or a Master’s degree in a science subject (preferably chemistry or life science).. You should have a keen interest in digital marketing and science communication, with the confidence to talk to world-leading scientists, marketers and sponsors. Experience of managing projects to deadlines is essential as is the ability to tailor content to a targeted online audience.
Experience with Google Analytics and other digital/SEO tools is desirable as is some experience of working with a science publisher, agency or manufacturer but this isn’t essential. You will have a sound understanding of technologies and techniques within your scientific area of knowledge, with abroad interest across multiple scientific disciplines.
This is a fabulous role to use your scientific knowledge and qualification to help scientists make well-informed buying decisions that accelerate their research.
For further details, please send your CV with a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.