A leading publisher in the field of biomedical sciences is looking for an Editor to join their journals editorial team. Based in London, the Editor will be responsible for language and copyediting scientific and technical manuscripts, and will also be involved in the peer review process and evaluating the content of manuscripts.
This is a key role in the team and would suit a candidate who is looking to pursue a career within biomedical publishing.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- First round edits of articles, ensuring that articles are well written, consistent and factually correct
- Copyediting of manuscripts for language and readability in line with house style and policies
- Checking factual content and raising queries with the Managing Editor when necessary
- Assessing authors responses to edits and editorial comments
- Involvement in the peer review process, including identification of problems with plagiarism, animal ethics, patient consent and figure manipulation
- With experience, performing second-round edits or articles and giving feedback for first edits to Scientific Editors
The successful person will have:
- Educated to PhD level in the biological sciences (Essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage high quality work whilst working to tight deadlines
- The ability to maintain a level of scientific knowledge appropriate to the role
- Strong IT skills
This is an ideal role for someone with the required qualification looking to make a career within scientific publishing.
For further information please send your CV and salary expectations.