We are very happy to be working with a global leading independent Academic publishing company who is looking to appoint a Senior Academic Sales Consultant to cover the Benelux region. Based in the territory, ideally in the Netherlands, this role will be responsible for promoting a wonderful range of digital and print books to university clients, across both existing accounts and new prospects.
This publisher already has an established EU team, who are very friendly, vibrant, and keen to expand and grow the territories. Joining this EU team, the Academic Sales Consultant for Benelux will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining relationships with key institutions across HE academic departments to support existing textbook adoption business, and develop new sales opportunities
- Increase adoption of textbook products (print and digital) with higher education institutions, promoting both new and backlist titles through regular contact and client visits
- Conducting market research on target courses and institutions across the territory to identify and investigate changes in trends
- Gathering market intelligence on allocated territory, market trends and competitor activity and reporting to the Sales, Editorial, Marketing teams
- Updating the company CRM system to endure all sales activity is accurate
The ideal candidate will have natural communication skills and will be able to adopt a consultative approach when talking to customers, and demonstrate a genuine interest for the academic publishing market. We are looking for a publishing sales / account management candidate fluent in English (though knowledge of another European language will be a bonus) , who is looking for the next exciting step in the career.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.