A leading academic publisher is looking for Acquisitions Editors to commission books across a variety of scientific areas and disciplines. If you have experience of identifying and recruiting authors in STM book publishing this could be the role for you! This is an excellent opportunity to join an academic publisher in Central London who are in an exciting a period of growth.
- Acquire and develop new titles in assigned subject areas and ensure profitable revenue stream
- Build and develop relationships with academics and subject experts, overseeing editorial board committees
- Identify current and future market trends and maintain a knowledge of competitor products
- Manage relationships with authors, preparing, negotiating and finalising contracts
- Prepare and present acquisitions proposals, costing and pricing suggestions
- Review and maintain existing product portfolios
Experience / skills required:
- Solid experience in a development editorial/commissioning role in STM books publishing
- Experience of identifying and recruiting potential authors
- First class communication skills, written and verbal
- A proactive approach and a passion for science
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Clare Chan
Tel: 0203 5474 4428
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.