A fantastic opportunity has come up in a global scientific publisher with offices based in central London to join their editorial team as a Senior Acquisitions Editor - Chinese speaking.
The role will be split between editorial responsibilities with market research as well across Maths, engineering and physics. Working as part of a team, the successful Acquisitions Editor will be responsible for:
- Acquiring new titles as well as new editions of backlist titles
- Negotiating contracts with authors and contributors
- Building up a network of personal contacts and developing relationships
- Creating product proposals with an understanding of costings
- Developing acquisition plans by identifying trends in the market
- Working with the marketing team to devise promotional strategies
- Ensuring close communication with all internal departments
We're looking for someone with fluent Chinese as well as previous STM book publishing experience and an expertise in any of the fields. If you've been identifying and reaching out to potential authors with acquisitions experience, do get in touch!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.