Do you have fantastic time management skills? Are you a brilliantly organised person with some solid experience in an editorial role within academic journal publishing?
If that’s a YES from you, we have a rare opportunity for an experienced journal editorial professional with this highly regarded, Oxford-based leading publisher of frontline research in academic archaeology.
You will enjoy managing projects to deadline and will bring your strong editorial judgement to this friendly team.
This is a must-have role for someone looking to work in a smaller, flexible team, who thrives in a busy and responsible role and who possesses strong editorial judgement.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Managing the peer review process, from sourcing reviewers and sending out out manuscripts to summarise key points
• Communicating with authors on manuscript deadlines
• Checking manuscript files, images, permissions and submissions
• Preparing contracts
• Participating in discussions to decide if and how to publish a proposed manuscript
The ideal candidate will have solid experience of the peer review process and a demonstrable track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential skills include:
• Solid experience in an editorial role in academic journal publishing
• Highly organised and able to prioritise workload effectively
• High-level communication skills in English, written and spoken
• Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate good editorial judgement
• Work effectively on your own, but be naturally collaborative
• Friendly, diplomatic and professional
This position can be remote based and the hours can be flexible to suit, but this is a full-time role. An interest or experience of archaeology would be desirable but not essential. If you are keen to join this small, friendly, expanding team and would like further details, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.