Job description / person spec.
HarperCollins is one of the UK’s foremost, diverse and innovative multi-platform publishers. We publish a wide range of books, from cutting-edge contemporary fiction, to block-busting thrillers and from fantasy literature to children’s literature and enduring classics. We also publish a great selection of non-fiction titles, including history, celebrity memoirs, biographies, popular science, dictionaries, maps, reference titles and education books, and our digital business is thriving. With nearly 200 years of history, we publish some of the world’s foremost authors, from Nobel prize-winners to worldwide bestsellers. In addition, we also publish the works of Agatha Christie, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis.
Our industry leading, award-winning audio team are looking for a Senior Audio Editor to manage the day-to-day running of the Audio Publishing programme for our Fiction/Non Fiction and Avon lists.
- Booking and managing talent
- Narrator consultation
- Exec producing titles
- Managing pre-order strategy
- Hands-on producing in studio
- Liaising with divisions on titles and marketing/publicity
- Audio-specific pitches for acquisitions
- Sales analysis
- Reader contracts
- Managing physical production/reprints
- Supply scripts to studios
- And much more!
- Knowledge of the audiobook market
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with a strong academic record preferred, but not essential. A well-developed vocabulary and strong pronunciation skills.
- Audio or radio experience preferred, but not essential
- Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with a high attention to detail
- Adept at coping with fast-paced agendas, late deliveries and tight deadlines
- Passionate about content, obsessive about detail
- Flexible, collaborative and excellent communicator
- Passion for books, audio and drama
We’re based in the News Building which we share with our News UK and Dow Jones colleagues in the newly-established London Bridge Quarter, opposite the famous Borough Market. Our new open-plan office has amazing views across London, and includes a variety of break-out areas to aid inspiration and a collaborative approach, a multi-media suite, and a fabulous canteen floor and book shop.
To apply, please email your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com by Monday 8th August. Early applications may be prioritised.