Are you a creative and highly experienced picture books commissioning editor? A leading children’s publisher based in London is looking for a Senior Commissioning Editor to join their team for a 12-month maternity cover to help shape and grow their picture book list. This is a fantastic fixed term, full-time opportunity that is paying a competitive salary.
Senior Commissioning Editor Key duties:
- Assist the picture book publisher with managing the picture book list and promote it through social media
- Commission, create and edit frontlist titles
- Work closely with the Assistant Editor, supervise the Senior Editor and train junior editorial staff
- Coordinate editorial procedures and help maintain editorial standards
- Discover new writing and illustration talent and create offers for new titles and proceed contractual negotiations
- Present to library buyers, foreign publishers and booksellers as well as at sales conferences and launch meetings
- Liaise with production, foreign rights and special sales
Senior Commissioning Editor Experience / skills required:
- A background in commissioning picture book texts and projects with experience managing books through the editorial/production process
- Knowledge of the children’s book market in the UK and internationally
- Effective communication skills with experience negotiating contracts
- Ability to build relationships with agents and communicate with authors and illustrators
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Parissa Bagheri
Tel: 0203 574 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.