An international publisher of examinations and materials for the schools and vocational education market has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and strategic Senior Commissioning Editor to join their publishing department. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Commissioning Editor to lead the Commissioning team at a time of growth and to develop products and suite level strategies for assessment support materials and digital services. This is a full-time, permanent position and can be based in Cambridge or Coventry.
- Lead a team of two and review monthly insight reports to shape future product management and strategies
- Develop and commission comprehensive suites of product support including support materials, training events and digital services
- Identify new authors, build good working relationships and ensure a sufficient author pool is available
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to undertake market research
- Work closely with the Senior Digital Service Manager to develop and commissioning content for the digital services based on the costumers needs
Experience / skills required:
- Degree level or equivalent with a background in publishing or resource development, such as print or digital for the UK schools/colleges market
- Established experience in a commissioning role within educational publishing and experience conducting customer and market research
- Knowledge of digital services and line management skills are essential
- Commercial acumen and a creative approach, able to identify and explore new and different formats of content creation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Good IT skills and briefing design
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Parissa Bagheri
Tel: 0203 574 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.