Do you have experience acquiring and developing new titles? Do you have a background in cookery books? A trendsetting publisher is looking for a Commissioning Editor/Senior Commissioning Editor to join their London-based team. Working with high-profile best-selling authors and brands, this is a unique opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing list by bringing new book ideas for a global audience. This is a permanent role allowing remote/flexible working and that can be full-time or part-time (4 days a week).
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee development, strategy and commercial viability of publishing programme
- Plan and commission books across a range of non-fiction lifestyle subjects with a particular focus on food
- Create and oversee budgets and schedules
- Project-edit publications, liaising with design and production departments
What you’ll have:
- Solid experience commissioning and project-editing cookery books
- Commercially aware with the ability to spot trends, new talent and gaps in the market
- Creative, enthusiastic approach with a keen eye for design and the ability to meet deadlines and budget
- Experience liaising with authors and agents with excellent industry contacts
Applications ASAP, please.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.