Are you a commissioning editor in academic books with proven experience of working to portfolio targets? Would you like to join an innovative scholarly publisher? We are looking for a Senior Commissioning Editor to join a dedicated books team to commission for their books and digital lists. This role is permanent full-time home-based opportunity that can be based anywhere in the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- Commission, manage and develop an allocated portfolio of books and monographs
- Strategically commission to portfolio targets to build a commercial strong books list and digital content
- Expand existing network and mentor and develop less experienced team members in portfolio management and strategy
- Keep up-to-date with rapidly evolving academic publishing environment and embrace innovation
What you’ll have:
- Proven books commissioning experience in academic publishing experience in Business, Management or Economics or any social sciences subject
- Ability to work strategically and meet targets
- Passionate about research with excellent knowledge of academic publishing
- Outstanding relationship management/building skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally and mentor/develop colleagues
- A solutions-driven and proactive team-player
Applications ASAP, please
If that sounds like you, please get in touch with Claire Carrington-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0203 574 4431.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.