An opportunity has arisen to join a well-established and highly successful educational publisher as a Senior Commissioning Editor, to work across their prestigious English Literature and Language publishing programme. This role offers a competitive salary and hybrid working, with min. 1 day per week to be spend in the company's London office.
As Senior Commissioning Editor you will work on a range of English Literature and Language Study Guides (digital and print) for the UK market. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying market opportunities for new print and digital products
- Competitor analysis and market research
- List management and liaison with stakeholders and consultants
- Developing print and interactive digital content
- Commissioning, contracting and briefing authors, editors, web developers, marketers, indexers, illustrators, typesetters and designers
- Overseeing project managers and editorial assistants
- Setting schedules and budgets to targets
- Quality control of manuscripts, proofs and online content
- Helping to shape social media strategy, website design, marketing copy and cover design
- Overseeing copyright permissions
The Senior Commissioning Editor will ideally have solid experience in educational publishing, from having previously developed educational products for the UK education market. As well as the ability to build and manage successful relationships, the Senior Commissioning Editor will have excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving and project management skills. To find out more, get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.