Do you have experience commissioning journals and managing/developing a team? We have an exciting opportunity to join a leading and fast-growing Academic publisher. You’ll manage a team of editors leading on strategic publishing plans as well having responsibility for commissioning new content, open research and services aimed at the Academic community. This is a full-time permanent fully remote role that can be based anywhere in the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a team of editors to develop the publishing strategy for the journals department
- Commission a Journals portfolio of your own
- Drive market research, maintain in depth market and competitor knowledge
- Work closely with colleagues and academic community to develop and deliver an exciting range of content
What you’ll have:
- Established Journals editorial and commissioning experience in Academic Publishing
- Experience managing and developing an editorial team
- Excellent knowledge of academic publishing, including open research
- Strong relationship management skills with a passion for research
- Strategic thinker who is solutions driven
Deadline for applications: Friday 8th October
If that sounds like you, please get in touch with Claire Carrington-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org on 0203 574 4431.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.