We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and creative Senior Designer to join the team of an independent publisher of non-fiction children's books in London. Our client is a lovely, family-ran publisher based in London, and this role will be working on their trade and co-edition children's titles.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing books from initial concept through completion
- Work on children's illustrations and covers for a variety of formats and age ranges
- Working closely with other departments to style covers, spreads and packaging
- Collaborating with the Production team to agree on deadlines and workflow
- Ad hoc image retouching
- Contributing to the development of new book ideas
- Conducting final checking on plotters and proofs
- Creating print-ready PDF's
- Adjusting designs as needed, according to feedback
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Designer, with proficient knowledge of the Adobe suite and a good understanding of in-house processes.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS (http://www.btbs.org/) offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development.