Would you enjoy working on a range of quirky non-fiction, activity and picture books for curious and creative children? This lively and highly London based successful children’s publisher is looking to appoint a talented Senior Designer with substantial experience of the design of books from concept to completion. This is a full-time position but requires 3 days per week in-house.
Responsibilities will include:
• Injecting edgy ideas, approaches and artist suggestions into new ideas
• Briefing and overseeing out-of-house designers
• Working closely with the Design and Editorial department to style interior spreads and covers
• Adjusting designs in response to feedback
• Liaising with the Production department on deadlines
• Developing new book ideas
Able to work to tight deadlines and as part of a busy team, you will have demonstrable experience design within a children’s publishing environment and experience in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in creating books which spark the imagination and encourage exploration for young minds!
If you would like further information on this brilliant new role, please send your CV with a brief cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.