Our client, an award winning and prestigious London-based children's publisher is looking for an experienced Senior Editor to join their friendly and busy team on an initial 18 month contract.
This is a key role and will involve managing all aspects of own titles through the publishing process, ensuring quality and timeliness of editorial and design work. You will have strong attention to detail, organisational and editorial skills and alongside this the ideal candidate for this role will be enthusiastic with a strong interest in children's books across genres.
Key responsibilities include:
- All editorial tasks relating to own titles, to include: writing AI copy, copy editing, line editing, structural editing, proof reading
- Costing of projects and fully meeting schedule and budget requirements
- Developing own relationships with authors and agents
- Providing general editorial support and input within editorial team as required and supporting the commissioning team
- Reading and reporting on submissions and manuscripts for team
- Presenting titles as required at sales conferences and promoting own books in house
- Maintaining Biblio on own projects
- Identifying opportunities for new projects and list growth
The ideal candidate will have editorial experience, excellent attention to detail and administration skills as well as the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and work under pressure. You must have outstanding written and communication skills. We are also ideally looking for someone with good social media skills so please do include these in your application.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.