We have a fantastic opportunity for an Editor to join the education division of a leading global publisher as a Senior Editor. This role of Senior Editor is a part-time, 3 days per week (Tuesday to Thursday) and a 6 month parental leave contract with potential to extend. It is based in our client's London office on a hybrid working pattern requiring one of the three days to be office based (likely to be the Tuesday).
This Senior Editor role reports to the Head of Education and will be working across a range of primary and early years materials that include illustrated home learning books, teacher resources and professional development titles. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the editorial team to project manage projects across a broad range of educational titles.
- Liaising with authors, freelancer editors, designers and in-house production.
- Project managing titles from commission to print and monitoring publishing schedules, including liaising with production staff to maintain schedules and Biblio data.
- Liaising with Sales, Publicity and Marketing departments.
- Present titles at publishing meetings.
- Gatekeeper of editorial quality, embracing house style and in-house processes.
- Supporting junior members of staff on editorial processes and project management.
- Representing the company at conferences and events.
The ideal Senior Editor will have strong editorial experience within educational publishing, excellent knowledge of the English language, high standards of accuracy and a keen eye for detail. The Senior Editor will be highly organised and also have good communication and interpersonal skills and have a self-motivated approach to briefing, meeting deadlines and managing schedules and budgets.
The role offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. To find out more about this pivotal role in a renowned educational publishing organisation, get in touch ASAP!
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.